We have a bell next to our door where Dagwood can ring it anytime he wants to go outside.
Here's how to teach your dog to ring a bell to go outside:
- Buy a bell (we use what is actually a bell that is normally hung in a bird's cage)
- Install the bell next to your door at your dog's nose height.
- Use one of your dogs favorite treats and gently take his nose and brush the bell.....then praise him lots and give him the treat.
- Let him outside immediately after he has rung the bell.
- Continue as many times as needed for him to ring the bell by himself.
Chat live about this and other topics