- A dogs ear is very sensitive, full of sensory nerves that help to preserve hearing. Never, blow into a dogs ear, even gently can hurt a dog. It's not the actual act of wind, but the frequency at which you blow. It's like running your fingers on a blackboard, amplified hundreds of times.
- Female dog bites are twice as numerous as male bites
- The Beatles song Martha My Dear was written by Paul McCartney about his sheepdog Martha
- The canine nose works one million times more efficiently than the human nose
- A male dog urinates with one leg up to better mark his territory. The scent can tell him many things, including size and health. The size is judged by the height of the stain. Male dogs although, do not actually need to lift their leg.
Posted On November 11, 2008 at at 2:14 PM by Discover with Dagwood
Link to US If you would like to link to Discover with Dagwood from your Web site, please copy & paste the following HTML code onto your site.