Subscribe

Get RSS Feed for Discover with Dagwood

Thanks for Visiting!

Search Dagwood's Site:

Dagwood's day at the vet

I am happy to report that Dagwood's visit to the vet went very well. Good News! The vet did a blood test and said his heart, liver and kidneys are in EXCELLENT shape as well as his muscular physique. He’s an old man with arthritis. We started him on Rimadyl which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication (NSAIDS). The doc gave him his annual physical etc. and every time she let loose of Daggie he came over to me and pushed my arm up off the chair and snuggled! She said someone loves his mommy! It was really cute. Anyways no more running….she said there are not too many 12 year old dogs running on a regular basis LOL! Walks are great as well as swimming. We’ve been giving him Chondroitin and Glucosamine and need to add fish oil tabs. Gee…everything we take LOL!


I've been reading about the side effects which can be detrimental for some dogs. Most drugs have side effects and we will watch for a any signs that the drug might be causing harm.

In the meantime cheers to Daggie!

Chat live about this and other topics


Posted in |

1 comments:

  1. Karen and Gerard Says:

    Oh, I guess arthritis is pretty common in pets as they age, just like me. I take Chondroitin and Glucosamine too to keep my joints loose. It helps me!

Link to US If you would like to link to Discover with Dagwood from your Web site, please copy & paste the following HTML code onto your site. Image and video hosting by TinyPic